Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rurouni Kenshin aka Hitokiri Battosai

Announcement: From this post onwards several of my posts will be about some of my best loved anime/manga

In English, this anime is called "Samurai X". It contains 3 OVA's , a movie and an anime series.
It describes the life of a feared assassin in Japan who killed hundreds in the Toko-Gawa regime and then repents. In the anime, he lives as a wanderer who uses a reverse edged sword so that he does not kill his opponent. The fighting sequences are just amazing and sometimes gives you goosebumps. The emotional depth of the characters portrayed are just beyond that in any real movie I have seen. The drama and the action is just superb and is above all others.
Of course anime like Naruto and FMA have sometimes better action sequences, however the combination of drama into the action takes it into a realistic level.

Undoubtedly, this is one anime that changed my life and my perception of it.
There are very few anime, movies and books that managed to do this, and I'll write posts for each of them.

For details on the plot and the anime look here.
To watch; You can look in the LAN ( only in my institute) or download by torrent. Else hope for animax to air it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Soumendra said...

I have been trying to tell this to Hrishi for a long time, that Rurouni Kenshin is almost the best there is.

Rurouni the movie wasn't so great (more than decent though). But the second one, "Trust and Betrayal," was one of the best things I have ever seen.

Let's hope that animax airs it again.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home